Monday 11 September 2017

The Dead Don't Rest

These are both from Splintered Light's Greater Undead set. Their minis tend to be a little smaller than the Ral Parthas but beautifully detailed all the same. They do classify the various types of undead found in the pack on their website but a fair amount look like vampires to my untutored eye. I pulled the two that best suited my purposes.

Brought to an untimely and unjust end, the revenant has been granted a single year in which to take its revenge on all foes. This include those which ended its mortal span and those who get in its way.


On the left, I've adapted one of the better-dressed bloodsuckers as a revenant, a ghostly spectre of righteous vengeance. While the face came out well, the clothes were a bit bland. In fact, the blues and grays were so drab that I had to give him bright red gloves to stop the eye sliding right off him. Still, it's a neat paintjob and I really like the final product. The pose also has a quality about it that appeals to me.

The children of the night are often credited with a certain courtly demeanour but some argue that the feral vampire is a more accurate depiction of their true nature. On the right, we have one of these bestial vampires. A fair-minded man could probably argue that he's a ghoul. I chose to use this particular model for the simple reason that he appears to be scratching his unmentionables and his hair reminds me of the Aliens! guy of meme-related fame. He also brings up images of a dirt-encrusted feral vampire about to start loping towards its prey.

No comments:

Post a Comment